Pebble users are in for quite the treat today, as the Pebble app has been updated to version 2.3 with support for interacting with Android Wear notifications, setting defined replies, and the ability to reply from your Pebble through Android SMS apps.
Here's the full breakdown of what's new and improved in version 2.3 of the Pebble Android app:
- Android Wear Notifications. Reply and act on Android Wear notifications (requires Firmware v2.9+). See http://pbl.io/f for full details.
- Pebbler-defined replies. Set your own replies to notifications (up to 5, so get creative, buddy!).
- Reply from Pebble using most Android-compatible SMS messaging apps
- Automatic app and watchface updates when Pebble is idle.
- Support for Android 4.0+ devices
- Fixed Issues with Whatsapp notifications
- UTF-8 support in PebbleKit JS
- Bug fixes and stability improvements
The biggest feature of this update is obviously Android Wear support. Now, developers that have already coded their apps to support Android Wear won't have to do any extra work to make them Pebble-compatible. As long as an app has Android Wear integration, users should be able to receive and interact with notifications from it.
In addition to the updated Android app, Pebble users should also have a firmware update waiting for them. The new firmware, which comes in at version 2.9, brings the changes necessary to interact with Android Wear notifications, along with a number of bug fixes.
If you're a Pebble user, be sure to check your device to install the latest firmware, and let us know what you think in the comments below.