Pebble Android 2.0 Beta 10 now available for developers
If you're anxiously awaiting the official release of the Pebble 2.0 app for Android, you'll have to hang in there a bit longer. If you're the adventurous type however, you can now download Beta 10 of the app and give it the ol' run around in the meantime. All you need to do is make sure you're registered in the Pebble Developer Portal and you're good to go.
This is what changed in this version:
- Improvements to speed in MyPebble
- Improvements to connection stability (this fixes the appmessage getting stuck bug)
- Improvements to power use
- Installing apps via websockets will now auto launch them
- Improvements to pairing during onboarding
- Still some issues in onboarding
- HTML5 localStorage gets shared between apps.
- The onboarding process will restart if you enable Accessibility. Workaround: Do not enable accessibility in the onboarding process.
- If you are upgrading from a pre-2.0 firmware, you will need to first upgrade your watch to 1.14. Upgrading from earlier version is not fully supported at the moment. (To upgrade your Pebble firmware, please use the Pebble 1.9.6 app available in Google Play).
If you do fire it up be sure to swing by the comments and let us know how it's working for you. Fingers crossed that we'll see an official release before too long.
Download Pebble Android 2.0 Beta 10