Pebble has announced today that its smartwatch and related apps are receiving a pretty massive update. The update comes on multiple fronts with both Android and iOS apps receiving updates, as well as new firmware for the device that brings support for a staggering number of new languages.
Along with the 2.8 firmware supporting over 80 new languages, Pebble decided to improve the Android user experience by completely overhauling the app, saying the following on the topic:
This new app has been the culmination of months of work by our fantastic Android team to re-build our Android app, focused on notification improvements, increasing stability and performance, and providing a solid platform for the long roadmap of great new features we have planned. Full notifications support, is a significant improvement—one we'll build on to provide more amazing notification features soon.
In case you're curious, the app will roll out in phases, with initial availability restricted to 10% of Pebble users who visit the Google Play Store. You can find the detailed change log below:
- NEW: Full notification support.
- NEW: End calls in-progress.
- Rewritten from the ground-up, this version contains many improvements to reliability, performance, and user experience.
- This version currently requires a device running Android 4.3 (Jelly Bean) or higher. A future update will include support for earlier versions of Android.
- Access to 2.1.0 will be a phased roll-out on the Google Play Store. Keep checking to see when it's available for you!
Are you a 'Pebbler' looking forward to these new features? Let us know in the comments below!