Sony may not issue major new software updates to its PlayStation 4 console as quickly as Microsoft does for its Xbox One, but Sony's updates generally add a bunch of new and significant features when they drop. The upcoming 3.0 system update, code named "Kenshin" is no different, and it will be released for all PlayStation 4 consoles on Wednesday, September 30.
Here's a rundown of the features added as part of the 3.0 update:
- Owners will be able to share video clips of up to 10 seconds directly to Twitter
- There will be a new dedicated section just for PlayStation Plus users
- Gamers can broadcast live stream of their games directly to YouTube
- Owners can now make PNG format screenshots of games in addition to JPEG.
- A new Events hub will offer alert to special events in PlayStation 4 games.
- The new Communities feature will allow players to create special groups to chat with others about shared activities
- There will also be improvements to Messaging and Favorite Groups
- The new Stickers feature will let users communicate with others via icons based on PlayStation games.
Which new feature in the 3.0 update is your favorite? Let us know in the comments!