Samsung starts limited "try before you buy" trial of some devices
Samsung has announced it has started a trial of a new program designed to let consumers use some of their Galaxy smartphone and smartwatch devices for "free" before they decide whether or not to buy the products.
The trial is currently available only at five Galaxy Studio retail locations in the U.S.:
- Dallas-Fort Worth/Frisco, TX: Stonebriar Centre Mall
- Houston/The Woodlands, TX: The Woodlands Mall
- Los Angeles/Canoga Park, CA: Westfield Topanga
- New York City: Samsung Galaxy Studio SoHo,
- Santa Clara, CA Westfield Valley Fair
People who participate in this program will be able to try out devices for 21 days like the Galaxy S5 and Note 3 smartphones, along with Samsung's smartwatches like the Gear 2 and Gear Fit. While technically this try out period is "free", consumers will have to offer up a credit or debit card deposit up front that will be refunded once the 21 day trial period is over.
What do you think of Samsung offering a few people in the U.S. a way to take some of their devices through their paces before they actually buy the products?