The TiVo DVR service is offering a new way for its subscribers to search and discover where their favorite TV shows are available. The newly launched TiVo Online website lets anyone with a PC or Mac web browser and a TiVo subscription see what's on both their local cable TV service, as well as various streaming services like Netflix and Hulu.
Here's what's available for free to anyone who goes to TiVo Online:
- Unified Search: Search across shows, actors, and even networks to find where the content you want is available.
- What to Watch Now: Shows users categories of the most popular programing based on genres and themes.
- TiVo Guide: Quick access to a channel lineup to determine where and when your favorite shows are available
In addition, paid TiVo subscribers with hardware DVRs can access the following extra features:
- OnePass Creation and Management: Create, edit, or copy your OnePass selections from one DVR to another. TiVo OnePass gives users one place for all available content to be searchable and findable from within the 'My Shows' menu, whether the content is recorded from network television, or is available on supported programmers or from a streaming solution such as Hulu.
- Manage your 'My Shows' list: As you find shows you like online, add them to your 'My Shows' list to watch any time you'd like.
- Stream: Users can stream recordings or watch Live TV at home.
- To Do List: Users can view and manage upcoming recordings
TiVo plans to release an update to the site later this year that will allow anyone with a free account "to enjoy the same highly personalized viewing experience available now to TiVo subscribers."