Verizon Vehicle will offer car owners new roadside assistance features
Verizon will launch a new service, Verizon Vehicle, sometime in the second quarter of 2015. The service, which uses the same network for Verizon Wireless, will offer car owners a number of roadside assistance features.
Verizon says their new service will work with any US vehicle made since 1996. Here's a breakdown of what Verizon Vehicle will offer car owners:
- GPS-directed pinpoint Roadside Assistance for breakdowns, flat tires, overheating, a dead battery -- anything that might require towing or immediate repair. Dispatches are made to the exact location of a disabled vehicle.
- Automatic Urgent Incident Alert System places a call to the Verizon Vehicle Member Care Center in the event of a suspected accident. Help is immediately dispatched to the location if an accident is confirmed or there is no response from the driver. The time saved can potentially save lives by delivering critical emergency assistance when a person may not be able to call for help.
- One-Button SOS Assistance immediately connects the driver to a live agent for emergency aid.
- Auto Health System with Predictive Diagnostics translates most "Check Engine" light occurrences into real terms, including the description and severity of the matter, the probable solutions for the problem – and the appropriate cost for the repairs. The system is also designed to provide early warnings relating to some vehicle functions, even before a warning light comes on, to help keep you off the side of the road.
- Mechanic's Hotline is staffed with A.S.E. Certified Mechanics providing members access to immediate and unbiased information related to their vehicles, and a professional analysis of trouble they may be experiencing.
- Parking & Meter Tools help drivers find where they left their vehicle -- using the Verizon Vehicle smartphone app -- while also keeping track of how much time is left on the meter.
- Maintenance Alerts inform vehicle owners when scheduled maintenance is required. No more guesswork as to when to rotate those tires or change the oil.
- Stolen Vehicle Location Assistance guides drivers when reporting a theft and helps authorities recover the stolen vehicle.
- Travel & Repair Savings – Verizon Vehicle members will be entitled to substantial discounts on hotels, vehicle rentals, auto maintenance, repairs and related travel expenses.
Verizon Vehicle will be a subscription-based service, but so far the company has yet to reveal its prices.